My PhD is focused on description and further study of novel viruses infecting Phytophthora species. In addition, I also work as a labolatory technician.
Besides virus description, my research focus and intrests are:
- Study of in vitro and in vivo interactions between chosen Phytophthora species and their viruses
- Reconstruction of spread pathway and population dynamics of chosen Phytopthora species based on the viruses’ presence and their phylogenic relationships
- The RNA interference (RNAi)
- Library preparation and high-throughput sequencing of small RNAs
- Processing of the data obtained through high-throughput sequencing of small RNAs and total RNA seq